Make a game work with new Windows versions [was:Complete newbie needs help]

sonictheboss8472

Make a game work with new Windows versions [was:Complete newbie needs help]

Post by sonictheboss8472 »

I had a question sadly to be honest i know nothing about coding for a program but I i grew up around the time that windows 95 came out sorta but i would like to have a way to make a game for a windows 3.1 or 95 work for windows 8 to 8.1 is there anyway to make the program work without having to buy a new copy that has been revised for newer computers. Also it is an original it is called PYST the parrody could you guys help me it would mean alot to me thanks so much also please email me with any awnsers you may have because i check it regularly hope to get a solution soon thanks

Email: lizardboo8 at gmail [Mod: Edited the email, posting emails in clear form on public pages will make spam bots collect them]
thanks so much for helping me out with my dilema
Maël
Site Admin

Re: Complete newbie needs help

Post by Maël »

i would like to have a way to make a game for a windows 3.1 or 95 work for windows 8 to 8.1
The easiest way is to use a virtual machine like VirtualBox, install the old Windows there, and then the game. Some old games are available on the website GOG (which updates them to make them compatible with new operating systems). Otherwise searching for the game name and "make compatible with Win 8.1" or similar might turn up results.

Finally, Wine (a Windows emulator) under Linux may be a solution, as its compatibility with old programs tends to be pretty good. You can again install Linux in VirtualBox if you want to avoid dual booting.