Fixed: ClearEdit: Disable Animations?

Bug reports concerning HxD.
helloworld_dot_c

Fixed: ClearEdit: Disable Animations?

Post by helloworld_dot_c »

Finally a worthy replacement for notepad!

Just one thing: I am certain you are proud of the animated menus and context-sensitive popup windows. I am an ignorant user who just happens to run everything with minimal delay/maximum speed and I would like to turn them off, but couldn't find an option for it. Is there an undocumented way? Do you consider adding such an option?

Thanks,

~helloworld.c
Maël
Site Admin

Re: ClearEdit: Disable Animations?

Post by Maël »

helloworld_dot_c wrote:Finally a worthy replacement for notepad!

Just one thing: I am certain you are proud of the animated menus and context-sensitive popup windows. I am an ignorant user who just happens to run everything with minimal delay/maximum speed and I would like to turn them off, but couldn't find an option for it. Is there an undocumented way? Do you consider adding such an option?
It just behaves like a normal Windows menu. I.e. if in your system settings you have enabled menu animation then you will see it, if it is disabled you shouldn't see any animation. Just like a standard Windows app.
helloworld_dot_c

Re: ClearEdit: Disable Animations?

It just behaves like a normal Windows menu. I.e. if in your system settings you have enabled menu animation then you will see it, if it is disabled you shouldn't see any animation. Just like a standard Windows app.
Positively not on my system (US-English Windows 2000, SP4, all patches). All animations are turned off and ClearEdit is the only program that still animates it's menus. No other application does it (including HxD).

Thanks,

~helloworld.c
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Hm, HxD and ClearEdit use the same components...

My dev version is more recent but only in German (will be released soon):
http://mh-nexus.de/downloads/ClearEdit.zip

Can you confirm it works with this version?

Thanks.
helloworld_dot_c

My dev version is more recent but only in German (will be released soon):
Can you confirm it works with this version?
Indeed, this version behaves normally, as expected. Funny, ain't it?

Thanks,

~helloworld.c
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Good, probably a fix in the toolbar component I didn't notice (toolbar component is mainly third party code).