Fixed: HxD: Error message when saving new file

Bug reports concerning HxD.
jay

Fixed: HxD: Error message when saving new file

Post by jay »

I replaced Tiny Hexer with HxD a while ago because it handles large files much smoother and encountered a little bug now.

Creating a new file and saving it results into the error "Der Quellstrom muß ein sperrbarer Datenstrom sein." (HxD v1.7.6.1 German). The file gets saved, anyway, so this is probably only a cosmetic problem.

Thanks
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Thanks for reporting. I'll release a fix today or tomorrow.
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Should be fixed now.

Re: Fixed: HxD: Error message when saving new file

Post by Guest »

jay wrote:I replaced Tiny Hexer with HxD a while ago because it handles large files much smoother and encountered a little bug now.

Creating a new file and saving it results into the error "Der Quellstrom muß ein sperrbarer Datenstrom sein." (HxD v1.7.6.1 German). The file gets saved, anyway, so this is probably only a cosmetic problem.

Thanks
Having a similar problem. I'm using Hxd for only a week now but, on two WinXP Pro machines (Thinkpad T43 & ThinkCentre M52 desktop).

Starting this morning I noticed that only on the desktop (so far), I can't seem to save a newly created file. (I can edit and save an exiting file.) When I try to save the newly created file, say "junk.xxx" in the directory "D\Temp" using "Save As" I get the message "Cannot create file 'D:\Temp\'. The system cannot find the path specified.". Regardless of what drive or directory I choose, I get the same message with, of course, the directory reference in the error message change, accordingly.

Thanks.
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Please check if the newest version (I just uploaded it today August 8th) works.

Post by Guest »

Maël wrote:Please check if the newest version (I just uploaded it today August 8th) works.
Looks good! Thanks for the quick response. Joe P.