Add (changeable) hotkeys for checksums

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
bnvbc

Add (changeable) hotkeys for checksums

Post by bnvbc »

I use the checksum feature quite often.
Right now, this means I have to click several times to get to where I want to go.

Please let the user set hotkeys for certain checksum functions.

Thank you.
bnvbc

Re: Add (changeable) hotkeys for checksums

Post by bnvbc »

While at it: Please make the window height a bit larger for the checksum selection.
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

What hotkeys do you have in mind specifically? To show the checksum selection window, or to immediately select a checksum? (Making them settable is not easily possible with the current toolbar system.)

And taller by how much? How many items?
bnvbc

Post by bnvbc »

Maël wrote: 07 Mar 2021 17:29 What hotkeys do you have in mind specifically? To show the checksum selection window, or to immediately select a checksum? (Making them settable is not easily possible with the current toolbar system.)
Ideally I'd like to set custom keybinds for any of the checksums. But I know this would take quite the effort to code, so it's out of the question, but that is ok, no problem.
What would be a quick fix and helps is giving the checksum window a keybind (maybe an F-key?) and change the checksum selection window.
And taller by how much? How many items?
Don't know how much this depends on resolution/dpi (right now I can see up to the CRC16/CCITT-FALSE line) - to show everything would make the selection box 2.5x its current size (I basically need CRC32, MD5 and some SHAs so all over the place).

Suggestion: Make the window sizeable where you can drag the window edge to increase size and save the values to the ini like you do with FormMain. So anyone can adjust for themselves.