HxD: Copy disk image contents to...

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
StateS

HxD: Copy disk image contents to...

Post by StateS »

First of all let me just say that your hex editor is awesome, it's a wonderful program, all of the files that I tried to open with other hex editors failed to open with them, but with HxD, not only do they open, but they open very very quickly.

One feature that would be great to see in the program would be the ability to copy the disk image that you can create with the program to another disk entirely, or to a disk of similar size (although without the size limit would be better, except of course when you are trying to copy a disk image to a disk of smaller size), of course with a warning that upon doing such all data on the disk that you will be copying the files to will be lost in favor of the new files that you are copying.

Thank you for your time and for the wonderful program! :D
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

First of all let me just say that your hex editor is awesome, it's a wonderful program,[...]
Thanks.

I will add a feature to save a disk image back to a disk. But if the target disk is larger I won't resize the partition data (a lot of work), instead the image will simply be written to disk (with a corresponding warning).
StateS

Post by StateS »

Cool! :D Thank you!
Goat

Re: HxD: Copy disk image contents to...

Post by Goat »

I agree with the OP, this is a fine piece of work.

Did you ever add this feature? I'm using v2.5.0.0 but cannot seem to find it.

I tried opening the source disk, selecting all then copy, but I (probably unsurprisingly) 'Out of memory' so I can't then paste it to the target disk.

The source disk is 128GB.

Thanks.