Done: 64 bit RAM-editor (was: lack of memory)?

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
Adanedhel

Done: 64 bit RAM-editor (was: lack of memory)?

Post by Adanedhel »

Hi
im trying to edit exe file of game, but each time i choose process from open RAM menu, HxD freezes (no response) and after about 5 min. i get message box with: not enough memory...or something like that.

I have 2GB ram and Im a proud :x user of Vista, is it possible that, this happens because of insufficient memory?
Maël
Site Admin

Re: lack of memory?

Post by Maël »

Hello Adanedhel,

I made several tests with HxD under Windows Vista but didn't get that error (with and without UAC).

Hm, out of memory is a strange error since it shouldn't take much. What is the exact error message you get (use Ctrl+C when the error window appears to copy the message) and what is the game which causes the problem?

Maybe the game applies some tricks to protect itself, do you get the same error with other applications?

Regards, Maël.
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Hi again,
so the message is just like i said:
---------------------------
HxD
Out of memory.
OK
Game that couse so much trouble is Hellgate London.
Ive read on game forums that HxD is the best way to input/modify some values in HG:L,but it's really strange because as far as i can tell this is the only process that couse "out of memory",other applications tend to behave quite normal (opens after few sec.)
maybe its connetcted with my OS, because the majority of HG:L players that edit something, worked under 32bit system, and im using 64.
If its not the reason im clueless
Regards, Adanedhel
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Oh, you are working under a 64-bit system, that may very well be the reason.

I haven't tested HxD under a 64-bit system running a 64-bit OS as I have currently no such setup, I'm sorry.
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

nevertheless,
thanks for quick answers and support.

one love, positive, peace, and other rastafari greetings and salutations :)
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

You are welcome :-)
dabombnl

Post by dabombnl »

This happens to me also on Vista x64 when opening the RAM of a 64-bit program. Works great on 32-bit programs though.

I'm looking forward to when you get a 64-bit system. Or if you compile a 64-bit version, I would be happy to test it for you.
Maël
Site Admin

Re: 64 bit RAM-editor (was: lack of memory)?

Post by Maël »

There is a 64-bit version of HxD since 2.0. This includes also a 64-bit RAM editor / process memory editor.