Done: HxD: copy to clipboard as hex-String

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
testj

Done: HxD: copy to clipboard as hex-String

Post by testj »

:idea: I would suggest a possibility to copy a hex-block (as it can be seen on the left side of the editor) to clipboard - without spaces and line breaks.

:arrow: My purpose is to paste this string in to the find&replace dialog for a "hex-values" search.

Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

This feature is already implemented in the development version (beta will be available in 1 to 2 weeks).
However the copied hex-values are separated by spaces for better reading, though this is no problem for the search dialog as it strips out all spaces when in "hex-values"-mode.

Would this work for you?

testj

Post by testj »

That would be perfect.
Thanks

Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Done in actual Beta.
Beta will be available shortly for everyone to test.

sidwu

Post by sidwu »

However the copied hex-values are separated by spaces for better reading, though this is no problem for the search dialog as it strips out all spaces when in "hex-values"-mode.
I still prefer copied hex-values without spaces & linebreaks, it can be useful for some purpose such as, to make a string signature for anti-malware tools.

I suggest there should be an option for user to let copied hex-values separated by spaces or not.

Btw, congratulations for the new version 1.7.6.1. I have been waiting for such a long time.

Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Answered in the new thread you opened.