Done: HXD for 64bits Os

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
marL

Done: HXD for 64bits Os

Post by marL »

Hi i love your HxD memory editor so much that it helps me make myself
stronger in my game. The game is memory intensive, so laggy sometime it crawl in
slowmotion. I wasnt thinking when i bought a new much faster laptop but only
to realize later it was 64 bit Os Vista. Blazingly fast with 4 gig ddr3 ram. I was so
disappointed that i can no more use HxD to memory edit becos it wasnt programmed to be use
in 64bit Os. Very much thanks for making this wonderful prog and its free!! :)
Maël
Site Admin

Re: HXD for 64bits Os

Post by Maël »

I'll add support for reading/writing memory of 64-Bit processes. HxD itself will remain 32-bits, though.
OmniLin

Post by OmniLin »

I'm requesting option to bypass file system redirections. May be not even an option — just disable redirections by default and I'll be happy. Especially as this as easy as calling Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection.

Cheers!
locoluna

Post by locoluna »

Any idea when reading memory from 64bit processes may be available?
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

With the next (non bug-fix) version. No time frame, this depends on how much free time I can spend.
PSSnyder

Post by PSSnyder »

I am running Win 7 64-bit and did not see it listed on the HXD op sys list? Will HXD work in this environment? Thanks!
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

As mentioned in this thread the RAM-editor is limited to 32-bit processes, except that HxD fully supports 64-bit systems. Starting with Windows Vista, you need to run HxD as administrator to read/edit disks and change the Windows Explorer context menu integration (options dialog).
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

HxD 2.0 and higher is available in 64 bit and fully supports 64-bit OSes and Windows up to Windows 10 (maybe Windows 11 as well, if it ever comes out, despite what MS said) ;)

This includes a 64-bit RAM editor / process memory editor and should solve all the issues mentioned here.