Done: HxD: Text only/Hex only view

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
Post Reply
Abe
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 15:47

Done: HxD: Text only/Hex only view

Post by Abe »

Hi,

I would be really nice to have HxD have an option to show or hide the Hex portion or Text portion. I have a really large text file (1.6GB) where I am only interested in the Text portion. There are very few editors capable of loading the file but HxD opens it just great. The only problem is I can't hide the Hex portion and only view with the Text portion.

Thanks

Dean

Maël
Site Admin
Posts: 1221
Joined: 12 Mar 2005 14:15

Post by Maël »

Hi Dean,

I could add this feature. However text would still be displayed as a "block", i.e. linebreaks will not be displayed like in text editors, so reading large parts of text could become difficult.

Is that okay for you?

Maël

Abe
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 15:47

Post by Abe »

Maël wrote:I could add this feature. However text would still be displayed as a "block", i.e. linebreaks will not be displayed like in text editors, so reading large parts of text could become difficult.

Is that okay for you?
I was waiting to get an email from the forums saying there was a reply :). That would be cool. It would be sufficient to make out the majority of what is going on.

Cheers

Dean

Maël
Site Admin
Posts: 1221
Joined: 12 Mar 2005 14:15

Post by Maël »

Abe wrote:I was waiting to get an email from the forums saying there was a reply :).
Hm, I looked up your configuration, e-mail notification is active. Perhaps you unchecked it when composing your message.
Did it work this time?
Abe wrote:It would be sufficient to make out the majority of what is going on.
What do you mean by that? I don't understand.

Abe
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 15:47

Post by Abe »

Maël wrote:Did it work this time?
Ouch, this was my fault. I put the wrong email address in.
Maël wrote:
Abe wrote:It would be sufficient to make out the majority of what is going on.
What do you mean by that? I don't understand.
I meant that even with the "block" it would be enough to read the text to see what was happening in the file.

Thanks

Dean

Maël
Site Admin
Posts: 1221
Joined: 12 Mar 2005 14:15

Post by Maël »

Okay, added to TODO-list.

Abe
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 15:47

Post by Abe »

Thanks a lot.

Cheers

Dean

Maël
Site Admin
Posts: 1221
Joined: 12 Mar 2005 14:15

Post by Maël »

Done in developer version.
Will be included in comming beta.

Maël
Site Admin
Posts: 1221
Joined: 12 Mar 2005 14:15

Post by Maël »

That feature request is pretty old, but finally there.

See actual beta version in download section.

Post Reply