coming from HIEW

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
KakCAT

coming from HIEW

Post by KakCAT » 27 Jul 2009 22:26

Hi!!

I'm coming from "hiew" and I'm testing several hex editors, because my registered version is getting really old. So far, hxd is the one I've liked most :)

I wanted to suggest one feature from HIEW and another one from SCiTE (it's a text editor, but it's a great feature I'm missing ;) )

The one coming from hiew is opening all the files with wildcards like "HxD *.exe"

The second one is being able to switch between edited files with Alt+number (i.e. Alt+1 to edit the first file, Alt+5 to edit the fifth, ...)

Thanks! :)
Kak

Maël
Site Admin

Re: coming from HIEW

Post by Maël » 07 Aug 2009 14:43

KakCAT wrote:The one coming from hiew is opening all the files with wildcards like "HxD *.exe"
How about using a command line which supports wildcard by default, because then you could use that for every program and IMO it's a duty of the shell.
KakCAT wrote:The second one is being able to switch between edited files with Alt+number (i.e. Alt+1 to edit the first file, Alt+5 to edit the fifth, ...)
Added.

KakCAT

Post by KakCAT » 22 Oct 2009 13:39

Maël wrote:
KakCAT wrote:The one coming from hiew is opening all the files with wildcards like "HxD *.exe"
How about using a command line which supports wildcard by default, because then you could use that for every program and IMO it's a duty of the shell.
well, I really hadn't thought about it, never used a shell replacement since 4DOS for DOS :)
Any suggestions?
KakCAT wrote:The second one is being able to switch between edited files with Alt+number (i.e. Alt+1 to edit the first file, Alt+5 to edit the fifth, ...)
Added.

Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël » 22 Oct 2009 15:26

KakCAT wrote:
Maël wrote:How about using a command line which supports wildcard by default, because then you could use that for every program and IMO it's a duty of the shell.
well, I really hadn't thought about it, never used a shell replacement since 4DOS for DOS :)
Any suggestions?
PowerShell