Beta 1.7.1 how much longer

General comments that are neither bug reports nor feature requests.
rif

Beta 1.7.1 how much longer

Post by rif »

HxD 1.7.1 beta works well.

It has been in beta since June 2007 - more than half a year.

When is it going to be promoted from beta to final release?

Doei RIF
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Hello,
The release of HxD 1.7.2 stable is planned for January, the latest for the beginning of February.

It will include some fixes and some enhancements. More on that when it is released.

Regards,
Maël.
rif

Post by rif »

I have sometimes wanted to recommend HxD to other people, but it is always a bit difficult to tell people that they should use a beta version.

I recommend that future beta testing should be max 2 months, otherwise new beta versions should be published.

Doei RIF
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

rif wrote:I recommend that future beta testing should be max 2 months, otherwise new beta versions should be published.
While I agree with you that it would be better to have shorter release cycles, I cannot schedule my free time as I would like to. I use quite a bit of my free time to work on this project, but since I don't get money out of it sometimes other more pressing tasks have to take precedence, unfortunately.

Though, the main problem with this release is that not only fixes but other features were planned. In future beta versions I'll focus on fixes so after the first beta is out, stables should follow more quickly.
rif

Post by rif »

Hoi Maël

That is OK, take the time you need. Once the 1.7.1 is out of beta I will start suggesting it to other people.

Doei RIF
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

The stable version 1.7.6 of HxD was released.
rif

Post by rif »

Maël wrote:The stable version 1.7.6 of HxD was released.
Thanks. I noticed already the new version by chance and have downloaded it. First tests look good.

Doei RIF