Just: Many thanks !

General comments that are neither bug reports nor feature requests.
3Jane

Just: Many thanks !

Post by 3Jane »

Python has one very bad weakness: unicode. It uses a native encoding, and the function, which translates strings into that format (called a unicode-object) is called decode(). That's not the problem, the problem is, that this "decoding" happens automatically with a lot of string methods.

Fortunately most of this will be changed with Python 3. Then the interpreter will hopefully be in the class of 1% of existing software i see as good programs.

Recently i wanted to be hundert percent sure, that a csv-file created by my software was really iso-encoded. I am not hundert percent sure, what my favorite editor SciTe produces and shows in that respect, thus i downloaded HxD. Installation and use went through within minutes and within minutes i had my result. Many thanks - your program is probably in the above mentioned 1%.
:D :D
Bad is worse than nothing
Maël
Site Admin

Re: Just: Many thanks !

Post by Maël »

Thanks for your nice feedback! :P
xeb

Post by xeb »

Many, many thanks too, this ist really a great software!

best regards!
rama

Post by rama »

thank you very much, your HxD is greate!
it has all i need to work with my hex files, it's very simple to use from the first time i open it. HxD is faster, smaller and more comfortable as compared with other NOT FREE editor i had before.

best regrads
Scott_T

Post by Scott_T »

Ditto on the thanks. nice and light.