Done: HxD Beta soon?

General comments that are neither bug reports nor feature requests.
Fireboyd78

Done: HxD Beta soon?

Post by Fireboyd78 »

Hi Maël, I'm sure I speak for many of us when I ask if HxD will ever be receiving a beta update? I've heard it was going to be the spring of 2013, then the summer, and now it's just silence. A beta is exactly that - a beta. If there are any bugs, we help you find them! Do you have any updates regarding this matter? Please let me know! I still use HxD to this day, and wouldn't choose any other hex editor!
Maël
Site Admin

Re: HxD Beta soon?

Post by Maël »

Hi,
I understand your concern, I would have the same if it was another software which I would use.
The reason is that I do not have the time I would like for this project due to personal and professional life. Your bug-feedback would be welcome, but there are too many obvious bugs left so that it would make no sense to publish it now. When the beta-release is made, you are welcome to post reports on the forum as in earlier releases, too.

Also please understand that this is Freeware, and with all the hosting and development tools cost it's actually an investment of money on my side (besides time).

There will be an update, the plan to make it hasn't and won't change, but I cannot gurantee a time-frame, so I will not give any new one.

I am aware that this is frustrating but I hope you can make good use of the current version or find tools that complement HxD to match your needs and solve your tasks.

Best regards, Maël Hörz
Fireboyd78

Post by Fireboyd78 »

Thank you for the reply. I completely understand what you mean, and yes indeed, it is Freeware after all. I appreciate the time and effort you've put into the HxD project and how well it has come along over the years. Hopefully you will come across the time to work on HxD. I was primarily interested in a little explorer panel, for instantly translating hex into various different formats. At this point, I'm almost interested in creating some type of HxD Companion...

Thanks again, and good luck!
serwusek

Post by serwusek »

thank you for all information
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

To close this old thread, version 2.0 available on the usual page:
https://mh-nexus.de/hxd/
Fireboyd78

Post by Fireboyd78 »

Hard to believe it's been almost 5 years since I wrote this post, and only about a week ago did I learn that my dreams finally came true. Thank you so much, Maël! :D :D