cannot follow instruction cause..

Help on how to use HxD.
spek48

cannot follow instruction cause..

Post by spek48 »

Hi Mael

i have downloaded hxd plus 2 additions in order to repair my m4a files that seem to be corrupted, while demanding for my skils, i have reached to the point following online steps where ive got to type r to open dialog box in step no 6 as prescribed bellow: 6. Decode by faad.exe
Press R key with Windows key to open the dialog.
Type “cmd” and press OK button to open the Command Prompt.

In the command prompt window that was opened, type “cd Downloads” to move the Downloads folder.
Type faad.exe “20140615 163625.m4a” and press the Enter key.
In seconds or tens of seconds, you will find the decoded wave file named “20140615 163625.wav“.

so i press r but nothing happens, no dialog box apeared so cant proceed, i tried pressing ctrl + r and then replace dialog apeared typed cmd and ok and question that will be replaced and did it, does this mean ive destryed my back up file even further and have to start over again?

Thanks in advance
spek48

Re: cannot follow instruction cause..

Post by spek48 »

Where should i type r every time i do it it replaces one of the numbers that apear on th screen as part of the file, the one that the cursor is at the moment even if i press with mouse outside and then it replaces the first number recreating the file, really it doesnt even write r over there it will write any other letter though. so where do i have to type r in order to open this dialog box and procced to the next step?
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Do you have a link to the original instructions?
That would help a lot.
spek48

Post by spek48 »

Hi Mael, thanks for the reply, I wouldnt know its something i found online, can you provide that link? it might be helpfull, the one i saw was pretty detailed, with screenshots included. wait here it is

http://sysfrontier.com/en/2014/12/31/hello-world/

im stuck in step 6
"6. Decode by faad.exe
Press R key with Windows key to open the dialog." type R where???

Thanks
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

6. Decode by faad.exe

Press R key with Windows key to open the dialog.
Type “cmd” and press OK button to open the Command Prompt.
Thanks, the complete steps helped to give context.

Point 6 is not related to HxD at all. You should press the Windows key (the one with the flag) and at the same time the R key. This will open a small window where you can type in any command to run, here it would be "cmd".

Here is a picture that shows the window that should pop up:
https://www.360logica.com/blog/how-to-c ... mage001-4/
spek48

Post by spek48 »

Mael thanx for your help, it was very usefull, unfortunatelly i get this

C:\Users\g_cas\Downloads>faad.exe "chris.demo"
'faad.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

so i cant proceed but this must be not on your program as you said, but an extention or something..
could you be of any help? the original demo has been renamed just after the recording, if this detail is of any help.

Thanks for your replies
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

As the link you posted shows, you have to download the faad.exe and make sure it is available in the downloads folder.