HxD: Goto History

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
adambiser

HxD: Goto History

Post by adambiser »

Let me start by saying that I'm glad that I found HxD. It's a great program and it suits my needs in almost every way. Once it gets the data inspector in it, I can strike the word "almost" from that previous sentence.

That said, I've found myself navigating around a large file lately, tracing through various data pointers and using the Goto offset command a lot. One thing that I've found myself wishing for is a Back button that took me to the previous offset I had entered in the Goto dialog. So I guess, to formalize this feature request:

Back and forward buttons that take you through your Goto offset history.

Many thanks for HxD!
Maël
Site Admin

Re: HxD: Goto History

Post by Maël »

That's a very good idea! I'll add that.
adambiser

Post by adambiser »

Great! And thanks again for all the work you've put into HxD. It's a great program and I'm really looking forward to the next update.
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Just so you don't get disappointed: I am not sure it's going to make it into the next update as there is already quite some things I will integrate.
adambiser

Post by adambiser »

I'm looking forward to the next update no matter what's in it. I've seen you mention that the data inspector will be in the next update and that's more than enough to look forward to it. :D
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Just an update. HxD 2.2 is out since a while and the data inspector is part of it since HxD 2.0.