Dynamic to Basic Disc Conversion - One Partition Missing

Help on how to use HxD.
jeangtr

Dynamic to Basic Disc Conversion - One Partition Missing

Post by jeangtr »

Recently my computer did something funny to itself, wherein i got the error message that my hard disks were faultily removed and windows 7 had shut down. I rewired the SATA and power cables and when i restarted, My 500GB Western Digital internal hard disk suddenly became an unreadable Dynamic Disk!! After hours of searching, i came across the following post below

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=191006

I had two partitions in the 500GB hard disk. As per the instructions stated in the above website, i could change only the setting on the first partition. The second partition setting could not be changed as its value was already at 07. I restarted and only the first partition is visible and usable now. Am I doing something wrong? Please help me out! :?
Maël
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic to Basic Disc Conversion - One Partition Missing

Post by Maël »

Please ask this question in the forum you linked to, as the authors there will know best how to answer your question. You might also want to try and send a private message (PM) to one of the people there, considering the thread is rather old.
sirbb

Post by sirbb »

I have the identical problem, I also looked on wildersecurity.com for your additional post........did you ever find a solution, I need help?
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

You can maybe try testdisk, a tool that you can use to check and fix partitions. I have no experience with it though, and it's rather low level. Use at your own risk.