Is there a Windows Message for GOTO

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
SYYaeger

Is there a Windows Message for GOTO

Post by SYYaeger »

I've implemented a Data Inspector that opens a secondary thread and window during DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH. The windows supports minimal user interaction. I'm using it to decode a proprietary file format. The file format includes offsets to other locations in the file. And I can put GUI items in the window that allow user interaction.

I'm looking for a way to programmatically change HxD's current offset in the file, when a user clicks on one of the displayed file offsets, in the file data.

Is there a Windows WM_USER range (or other) message I can send to HxD (or an HxD window), with a file offset, that can perform a GOTO operation?
Maël
Site Admin

Re: Is there a Windows Message for GOTO

Post by Maël »

Currently you can declare a type as integer (tcSignedInteger, tcUnsignedInteger) and then HxD will automatically offer to go to the value of that integer.

The cleanest would be to extend that to offer a link option.

Longer term there is a structure editor that will be implemented: https://forum.mh-nexus.de/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=889

If you show me some screenshots of your datainspector/data structure, I can see if a special link type could be implemented in the mean time. Or rather, add a goto command to the plugin interface.

But ideally it would be good to see a bit the GUI you made (also out of curiosity/exchange -- one of the main reason I developed this program) to get an idea of what other functions would be useful, including for implementing a structure editor that would allow you to define a file structure description instead.

Maybe we could also add custom GUIs for such structure definition files, for easier editing.