Fixed: cannot open clipboard?

Bug reports concerning HxD.
bioniclekid8

Fixed: cannot open clipboard?

Post by bioniclekid8 »

when i try to copy hex code from notepad to HxD, or try to copy anything from HxD, it says cannot open clipboard?
please help, its really annoying having to constantly do this by hand :(
Maël
Site Admin

Re: cannot open clipboard?

Post by Maël »

That's a bug.
It is fixed in the development version and will be uploaded in a couple days.
Maël
Site Admin

Re: Fixed: cannot open clipboard?

Post by Maël »

Fixed in latest version, see download page.
ravishi

Post by ravishi »

Version 2.5.0.0 (x86-64) and this error still persists...
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

First of all, it would help to give details when complaining about a bug (steps to reproduce and error message).

But regarding this specific "bug", it's a Windows issue. Sometimes the clipboard cannot be opened because another program is still locking it. You can observe that in other programs, too.

If this is not just an intermittent bug, please provide details to reproduce it.
ravishi

Post by ravishi »

I tried to edit my post to add more detail but it had already expired and I lost the big chunk of text I had written. I didn't then have the time to rewrite. Maybe increase the time one can edit a post, if possible.

I never encountered this error in any other app. Anyway, I closed all applications but the error still appears. I will try to observe all the conditions and report back.
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

It was 30 mins editing time (that means changing the message after you submitted it), I extended it to 60. There is no limit to edit your text while composing it!
You also can just go back in the browser and the text is still there, and just make a second post. Forms don't expire in this forum.
ravishi wrote: 01 Sep 2023 12:41 Anyway, I closed all applications but the error still appears. I will try to observe all the conditions and report back.
You could simply post the error message, it can be copied with Ctrl+C when the window is open (unless the clipboard is still locked). Worst case, post a screenshot.

Are you sure that the issue isn't a different one, and tells you that the text you want to paste is incompatible with the currently selected column?