File compare enhancements

Wishlists for new functionality and features.
takasuite

File compare enhancements

Post by takasuite » 18 Aug 2009 02:22

i have a few features to request, if you see they are suitable features

-When comparing two files, i would like to have mark red on both file,
when i scroll bar, both file move together. ( like Total Commander )

For Big file, i can't press F6 so long, console runs next byte

-When i press Ctrl+g , i don't see where the console is , could you inverse the color of console ? or an option for changing it )

-Windows view, add Title Vertical, because now people have Wide screen

-When i mark block by Ctrl + left ( right) arrow , then cheksum CRC, i want to move back or forward marked block by Ctrl + left (right ) arrow, the file name change on window CRC checksum, not the marked block

by the way you offer a great free Hex editor tool.

thanks very much,

Maël
Site Admin

Re: File compare enhancements

Post by Maël » 22 Aug 2009 18:44

If you find a bug or want to make a feature request next time, please create a new thread/topic for each request/report.
-When comparing two files, i would like to have mark red on both file,
when i scroll bar, both file move together. ( like Total Commander )
Please describe more clearly. The difference is highlighted by the selection in both editors.
For Big file, i can't press F6 so long, console runs next byte
(What console, or do you mean cursor/caret?) Making a very big guess you probably want block-based file compare.
-When i press Ctrl+g , i don't see where the console is , could you inverse the color of console ? or an option for changing it )
That's on purpose to follow Windows design guidelines. If you can explain why you need it I may find another solution.
-Windows view, add Title Vertical, because now people have Wide screen
Ok
-When i mark block by Ctrl + left ( right) arrow , then cheksum CRC, i want to move back or forward marked block by Ctrl + left (right ) arrow, the file name change on window CRC checksum, not the marked block
Does this mean you want the checksum window to be focused after pressing ok in the checksum dialog?