Assertion fehlgeschlagen

Bug reports concerning HxD.
birsti

Assertion fehlgeschlagen

Post by birsti »

---------------------------
HxD
Assertion fehlgeschlagen (D:\Quellen\Komponenten\XmMisc\Source\XmStreams.pas, line 1967)

When trying to edit disk. At the bottom says:

Drive "\\.\PhysicalDrive4" cannot be opened for writing. System Error. Code 2. The system cannot find the file specified.

It has been happening in all latest versions, in v2.5.0 line is 1967 whilst in v2.2.1 line is 1862. Somehow in v1.7.7 all works fine.
aleximan23

Re: Assertion fehlgeschlagen

Post by aleximan23 »

I have same issue, any solution?
aleximan23

Post by aleximan23 »

anway i fixed.Templates enable efficiency and speed. Templates are used for creating nearly anything. They are a time-saver for anything doctors note template that is frequently used. It is a handy way to have your template available whenever you need it. Templates can be formatted for more than one purpose. Your template doesn’t have to be used just for that specific instance. You can use them over and over again, so you won’t have to rework documents each time.
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Great. What did you do to fix it? It is not reproducible here.
birsti

Post by birsti »

If the code between versions is the same, the only difference I can see is that v1.7.7 is 32bit and the others are 64bit.
I'm using w10 1809 and it starts happening the moment you type some new hex over the disk contents. It happens to all disks on the computer, removable or not.
If it helps, the error popup appears once after typing, it pops up again after clicking OK and then yet again whenever the cursor is moved by clicking. If you move with the arrow keys, then it doesn't appear. If you click on the scrollbar, more than 10 popups appear in cascade. Pageup and pagedown keys stop working. All returns to normal if the disk is closed.
birsti

Post by birsti »

After a few more trials in different conditions all worked at it should. Later on the error started again so it is something related to my particular setup. The 32bit version though works OK no matter what.
Maël
Site Admin

Post by Maël »

Hmm, interesting. Is the 32 bit and 64 bit edition of the same version number?
birsti

Post by birsti »

The 32bit edition of v2.5 is also affected. Only v1.7.7 stands strong.